Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Newspaper Blackout Chronicles: Day 1


This is my first attempt at Newspaper Blackout.The result is titled Left Behind. I am still learning how to master the boxing and the marking out of the rest of the paper. I cut it a little close in some areas, as you can tell. I guess you could say that the inspiration came from me feeling like I am lost this semester and I am longing for something to take control and lead me out of this tunnel vision that I am having. Perhaps a sun? It is like I can see the end of the semester and graduation, but I have no idea what is going to happen next. With that idea somehow relating to this, here is my first attempt and since I haven't mastered the art of blacking things out yet, the poem reads as follows:

The world
 is 
star
hot 
burnt
titan 
left behind 
for sins
to 
become
new flames

Not too shabby for my first attempt at this. I think that I am enjoying seeing the aftermath when it comes to knowing where my creation is coming from. I mean heck, this came from a review about Bradley Cooper's new movie Burnt

Make sure you check out Austin Kleon's project and try some of your own! 


No comments:

Post a Comment