Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Beginning

Now that I am starting what is to be my final semester at the university that I attend, I am having to think about something that I haven't thought about, the topic of literary citizenship. Here I am, a senior, in my final semester at my university, and now it is time for me to decide how I'm not only going to survive out there in the writing, I mean real world, but how can I help others? How can I keep book pages turning?

I think that this semester is going to be interesting for me. I have done nothing but focus on projects of my own. I have been focusing on the classroom and both setting and achieving my own classroom based goals. I feel like I have been a turtle. I think it is time for me to come out of my shell and to introduce myself to new ways and to new things that I can help not only myself with, but I can help somebody else with.

I enjoy reading and I enjoy writing. I enjoy gossiping about the things that I read about. Sometimes, I even like to gossip about the things I write about. However, now that I stop and think about things, I don't ever go above and beyond to share. I feel like that is a goal that I am going to set for myself this semester. I am going to share. When it comes to sharing, I want to share in a form of ways: I want to write book reviews. I want to inspire my nephew to read more. I might even take him to a book store to pick a book out or pick a book out from my personal collection for him to read. I want to do the same by inspiring my other nephew and niece with children books that will spark their imaginations. I could even send my nephew in Texas a book. I could maybe even FaceTime with him while we read it together. I also want to reflect my passion for reading and writing, by showing how it reflects through my internship that I am doing this semester. I am currently coming up with a script for a video project that is about the Trail of Tears. I know that these seem like a lot of wants, but I need to turn them into needs.

Even though my list of things that I want to accomplish is both ticking and growing in my head, I would be just as pleased with myself, if I just donated books to a classroom that actually needs them.

As I am beginning my journey in my classes, especially my Literary Citizenship class, I am hoping to get a better understanding of how the literary community works, and how everyone that is involved, can leave their impact on it.

With that said... bring on the epic music and let's see what I can do!

#litcitizen


No comments:

Post a Comment